The biggest mistake people make is not making a living at doing what they most enjoy. - - Malcom Forbes
Why do people leave jobs – why do they stay?
Is it money alone. NO!
It is much more and a recent Careerbuilder.com survey studied what is important to workers that make the difference between liking where they work, and not. This is telling – and may be the “list” of what you seek in your next career or job.
First off, title isn’t important anymore. The VP, CEO or other title isn’t what drives people. They will switch title for:
- Flexible schedule – 59 percent
- Being able to make a difference – 48 percent
- Challenging work – 35 percent
- Ability to work from home – 33 percent
And the perks that were important:
- Half-day Fridays – 40 percent
- On-site fitness center – 20 percent
- Ability to wear jeans – 18 percent
- Daily catered lunches – 17 percent
Find your “fit” – not just another job …
These statistic continue to emphasize that the right job for you, or right career, isn’t just about the money, but the right company that aligns to your needs, culture that fosters growth, and a culture that values their assets – the people who they employ?
Have it now – great – enjoy the ride! Not feeling that you fit the job or company – get off your duff and so something about it – CHANGE!
You control your career destiny – no one else.: T
Three steps to start TODAY:
- Accept that you need to change
- Commit to taking action to change – and start today – little actions start the ball rolling.
- Give yourself permission to make a change – say it is okay for you to move on, to explore new options to be fulfilled.
And thank you for reading this. –Dan
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/24/5137433/careerbuilder-survey-reveals-most.html#storylink=cpy
President & Founder
Career Management & Transition Specialists
Corporate Management Services
Celebrating 25 years providing career & corporate management services in 2013!
125 Wolf Road, Suite #128
Albany, NY 12205
Visit the Assessment Center: next-act.com/assessment-center.cfm
Manage Performance & Achievement: next-act.com/prescriptive-performance-analysis.cfm